I-94 Forms

The Arrival/Departure Forms for International Travel (I-94) are a legal record of entering and leaving the United States.

The I-94 form is available in paper and electronic formats. They include information about an individual’s entry, departure, and immigration status. They are used by a traveler to obtain a green card or extend their stay in the U.S.

The electronic Arrival/Departure Forms for International Travel (ID) and the traditional Arrival/Departure Forms for Interchange (I-94) contain the same information. Additionally, paper and electronic arrival and departure forms have the same purpose. Even though it’s easier to keep track of electronic travel records, they can make it hard to cross land borders.

What is the difference Between I-94 Form, I-94A Form, and I-94W Form?

  • I-94 Form is issued to aliens whose entry is approved by the U.S.
  • Those who want to extend their stay in the U.S. can also file a form I-94 Form
  • I-94A Form is the paper form of I-94.
  • Form I-94W refers to Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record. This form is filed by citizens of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries.

How to Fill Out Form I-94?

  1. As the first step, you must fill out the arrival record section, which consists of your personal information (name, birth date, etc. ).
  2. Secondly, you need to fill out the departure record section. This one has the same things, like the arrival record part.
  3. You’re all set; you don’t have to fill out the backside of your I-94 Form. Those parts are for official purposes only. This means only CBS officials can use it. In other words, please don’t touch it.

Learn more about the form by reading the fact sheet of the I-94 Form.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button