You don’t need to fill out the form if you are a US citizen by descent. Otherwise, you should check the boxes to indicate your ethnicity and physical features. Make sure your height and weight are in feet and pounds.
Why Do I Need an N400 form?
An N-400 form is the second step in your US citizenship application process. Here are the steps to becoming a US citizen:
- First, check if you are eligible for a US citizenship application.
- Obtain a Form N-400
- Prepare every piece of document that may support your application
- Submit your application by paying the fee.
There are 20 pages in the N-400 form. There are also 18 instruction pages from the USCIS.
Filing Fee For the Citizenship Application
Once you’ve finished with your N-400 form, you will have to pay a $725 filing fee for your citizenship application.
- An N-400 Form‘s processing cost is $640, and a biometric fee cost is $85
- You need to fill out a form G-1450 and attach it along with your supporting documents and, of course, your N-400 too.
All these numbers are valid for the years 2023 – 2024. Keep yourself updated until further notice.